1. Greek Herbed Turkey Breast with Mashed Cauliflower
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh herbs(basil, thyme or parsley)
1 boneless turkey breast half(approx. 1.5 lbs.)
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven at 250F
2. Combine oil and herbs in the blender and mix until smooth, green and thick
3. Place turkey in a roasting pan and spoon or brush the oil mixture until fully coated. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
4. Place the turkey breast in the oven and bake for approx. 90 minutes or until the juices run clear when the breast is pierced with a knife.
5. slice, serve and enjoy!
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Place cauliflower in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly.
- Place the milk and oil in a blender or food processor. Add the cauliflower, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a bowl. Serve immediately.
2. Golden Potato Leek Soup
4 large leeks
One pound of organic Yukon Gold potatoes
3 tablespoons of butter
4 cups of chicken stock
1. Remove the roots from leeks. Halve leeks lengthwise and clean them under running water. Cut them crosswise into thin 1 inch strips.
2. In a large soup pot, saute leeks in melted butter for 7 minutes stirring occasionally. Peel and cube potatoes and add to leeks along with the stock.
3. Bring soup to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes(until the potatoes have softened).
Season with salt and white pepper. Serve and enjoy:)
3. Avocado Soup topped with crumbled Applewood Bacon or Turkey Bacon
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 med. avocado
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2 1/2 cup of water
2tbsp lime juice
1 lb of applewood bacon or turkey bacon
Place bacon on a foil-lined cookie sheet and bake for 10-13 minutes at 350F. Meanwhile, saute the onion until its transparent. Peel avocado and remove the pit. Combine the onion, avocado, soy sauce and water in a food processor or blender and beat well. When the mixture is smooth put into a saucepan and let it come to a boil. Simmer for 2 or 3 minutes. Add lime and sea salt to taste and serve right away. Garnish with crumbled smoked bacon or turkey bacon.
4. Savory Beet Soup
(From Cooking Light October 2004 Issue)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 medium beets, peeled and halved
- 1 medium potato, peeled and halved crosswise
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 teaspoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add broth and next 6 ingredients (through bay leaf). Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until beets and potato are tender. Discard bay leaf.
- Place one-third broth mixture in blender or food processor; process until smooth. Place pureed mixture in a large bowl. Repeat procedure twice with remaining broth mixture. Return pureed mixture to pan. Warm soup over low heat for 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat, and stir in lemon juice.
- Combine 1/2 cup soup and the sour cream, stirring with a whisk. Divide soup evenly among each of 8 bowls. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream mixture; swirl sour cream mixture using the tip of a knife.
5. Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Dressing
(From Cooking Light April 2011 Issue)
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 2/3 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons
- 4 lime wedges (optional)