Breakfast should include whole grains, lots of protein and plenty of fruits and veggies. Here are some of my favorite breakfast meals and your new weekly breakfast menu....
Day 1: 2 Eggs with Sauteed Kale, Portobello Mushrooms and Yellow Onions:
Eggs with Simple Sautéed Kale, Yellow Onions & Mushrooms
- 2-3 Jumbo Eggs
- 3-4 cups kale, torn into bite size pieces
- 1-2 cups sliced baby bella mushrooms or shitake mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste (go easy... enjoy the flavor of those marvelous veggies!)
In a heavy cast iron pan, or your favorite heavy skillet heat your oil until a drop of water will sizzle. Add the mushrooms & onions and sauté for several minutes until they are just slightly tender, but still have some "bite" to them. Add your kale and gently saute for about 5 minutes
until the kale is bright beautiful green. Crack 2-3 eggs over top the veggies and cover the pan for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Day 2: Dr.Hyman's UltraSimple Diet Ultra Shake:
UltraSimple Diet UltraShake
- 2 scoops of rice protein powder (the average is 2 scoops, but you should follow the directions for the serving sizes of the product you pick)
- 1 tablespoon organic combination flax and borage oil
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- Ice (made from filtered water), if desired
- 6 to 8 ounces of filtered water to desired consistency
- 1/2 cup of frozen or fresh noncitrus organic fruit, such as cherries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, peaches, pears or bananas
Day 3: Organic Oatmeal topped with Apples, Nuts and Cream:
5 Minute Organic Oatmeal with Cream, Nuts and Fruit
- 1/2 cup of organic oatmeal
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 1 medium granny smith apple
- 10 almonds or 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2tbsp agave
- 2tbsp organic 1/2 and 1/2
Day 4: Easy Eggs Florentine:
Super Easy Eggs Florentine
- Heat skillet with 2tbsp of canola oil. Meanwhile, cook onion in butter in a nonstick skillet until soft. Add spinach, cream cheese and milk. Cook until creamy. Add salt and pepper. Cover, keep warm.
- Toast bread. Break 4 eggs at a time in heated skillet. Cook for 1 minute. Loosen from bottom of pan with a spatula. Flip and cook to desired doneness. Remove with spatula. Top toast with spinach mixture, followed by 2 fried eggs. Makes 4 servings.
Ezekiel Bread can be found in the freezer section of most grocery stores or
Mestemacher Fitness Bread, 17.6-Ounce Packages (Pack of 12) can be found in your local health food store or click the link to order it now from Amazon.
Day 5: Teresa's Hemp Protein Shake:
Teresa's Tasty Banana Berry Shake
- 2 cups of ice
- 2 cups of Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Milk, Unsweetened Vanilla
- 1/4 cup of Bob's Red Mill Hemp Protein Powder
- 1 cup of frozen berries
- 1 small banana
- 2 tbsp Bob's Red Mill Organic Flaxseed Meal
- 1/4 tsp of Multidophilus Powder
- 1-2 tbsp almond butter
I always drink 16 oz. of water as soon as I wake up to flush all the toxins and waste from my system. Following the water, I drink a green tea and an hour or so later possibly a coffee sweetened with agave and lightened with organic 1/2 &1/2.